1. Learn and master the new words and phrases.
2. Learn to use the structure of “so… that…”preliminarily.
1. Understand the sentences with the structure of “so… that…”preliminarily.
2. Be able to talk and understand the words about clothes and the idiom about shopping.
3. Be able to make appointments with others.
1. Stimulate students' interest in learning.
The key points and difficult points.
1. The words about clothes.
2. Adverbial clause of result guiding by so… that…
1. How to use the adverbial clause of result guiding by so… that…
2. Understand the structure of “Wh-/How + to do “
I. Learning strategies
1. Using the pictures in the books and students’ clothes to learn the new words.
2. Using the integration of new and old knowledge to enrich the vocabulary
3. Teamwork and competitions.
Multimedia courseware / picture
Step 1. Getting ready and Self-learning.（10‘’）
1. Greet the students and show them the learning aims.
T: Good morning , class!
T: In Unit Seven, we have learned many kinds of foods. Today, we will start a new unit. It’s about clothes. Could you tell me some names of clothes ?
S1: Coat, dress ,skirt,...
T: Oh, you can name so many! I’m so excited that I believe that you can do a good job in this class.
2. Show the learning aims.
1) Learn the new words and key phrases in Section A.
2) Learn to use the structure of “so … that… “
3. Tell them the rules of competition
4. Show Task 1.
1) Try to find and read the new words on page 81- 82.
2) Make sure that you can read them correctly and quickly.
3) We’ll have a competition in 3 minutes.
5. Students read books and find out the new words. And then try to remember them.
Step 2. Main Activities (30’’)
1. Words Competition
1) Look at the pictures in 2A and fill in the boxes with the words given. Finish 2A.
2) Listen to the sentences and check the words. Then number the pictures. Finish 2B.
2. Show Task 2.
1) Listen to 1a and circle True or False.
2) Read 1a and check the answers, Finish 1B.
3. Show Task 3.
1) Read 1a carefully and list all the sentences with so…that…on the paper.
2) Think about the use of“so…that…”and then talk about it in groups.
3) Please finish it in 5 minutes.
4. Let several groups talk about the use of “so … that…” , then have a test.
1) Fill in the blanks according to the pictures. Finish 1C.
2) Do some advanced exercise:
a. Translate the following sentences into English.
b. Make a new sentence with so…that…（用so…that…编一个新句子）
5. Show Task 4.
1) Read the text aloud and find out the phrases on Page 81-82.
2) If you meet some difficulties, list them.
3) Please finish it in 3 minutes.
6. Ask an Answer:
1) How does a silk costume feel?
2) If you want to ask for help, what can you say?
3) If you make an appointment, what will you say?
4) Shall we meet at the school gate at 8:00 a.m.?
7. Show Task 5.
1) Work in pairs and practice the conversation in 3.
2) Make a new conversation with your partner.
3) Have a show for 3 minutes.
Step 3. Summarizes (2’’)
1. What have we learned in this class?
2. What can we do after we learned Section A?
Step 4. Class exercises (3’’)
1、Choose the best answer for each question。
1) He was ____ tired ____ he fell asleep as soon as he lay down.
A. too; to B. such; that C. so; that D. enough; that
2) — Look, this is my new mobile phone.
— It’s very nice. Could you tell me____?
A. where to buy B. where to buy it
C. where will buy it D. where I will buy
2、Complete the sentences.
1) Many women have a _________（手提包）with them.
2) This T-shirt is made of ______（棉花）.
3) The s____ around the girl’s neck makes her more beautiful.
4) The cowboys (牛仔)in the U.S.A. like wearing j______.
3、combine sentences using the structure of “so… that …“
The dolls are very beautiful.
I want to buy some dolls for my daughter.
Step 5. Homework (1’’)
1. Search for more words about clothes.
2. Draw some pictures of different clothes and make tags for them.
Finish your workbook.