1.Be careful with those explosives _______ end up killing ourselves.
A． then we won’t
B． but we won’t
C． or we will
D． and we will
2. I didn’t send out my application form last week, but I ______.
A. had to
D. should have
3. Not until the game had begun ______ the sports ground.
A．did Peter arrive at
B．Peter arrived at
C．didn't Peter arrive at
D．Peter didn't arrive at
4. Living here at the top of the mountain with no one else near, you must be very ______ .
5. I will give the ticket to ___wants to have it.
6. The reason ______ I did not go to the lecture yesterday was that I had something important to do.
B. for that
7.Her name was on the waiting list for an emergency liver transplant, but no organ would be ______ for a month or two.
8.___________ could give an old man greater pleasure than to imagine he was back in childhood again.
9. I don't play football now, _____when I was a child.
A but I used to
B I used to
C but I used to do
D. I used to do
10. All the tasks ________ ahead of time, they decided to go on holiday for a week．
A. had fulfilled
B. having fulfilled
C. were fulfilled
D. having been fulfilled